Understand what you really need!
- Accepted & approved by German Federal Foreign Office for obtaining a German visa
- Receive official confirmation on the next day - latest!
- Fully digital and easy application process
How does it work?
We’ll ask you a few questions to assess your individual situation online.
2. Expert opinion
You’ll receive an instant and personalized expert opinion free of charge.
3. Apply online
Simply apply online and receive your confirmation on the next day - latest.
Personalized for you.
We serve one purpose: to help you understand what’s really mandatory when moving to Germany.
Get personalized advice from licensed experts and enjoy a digital application process.
Explore your individual blocked account obligations and apply from your phone or computer in an easy, paperless signup process.
Explore your individual health insurance obligations and apply from your phone or computer in an easy, paperless signup process.
Open a German bank account with one of our partners. Easy, paperless signup process coming soon.
When moving to Germany, you will likely be asked to open a Blocked Account if you are coming from a non-European country. In order to live in Germany, you need a valid visa which can only be issued together with the proof that you are able to pay for your own living costs in Germany. For this, many Internationals open a Blocked Account in which you have to deposit a dedicated amount of money specified by the German Federal Foreign Office. X-patrio, in partnership with ECO-Escrow, offers a cheap, secure, easy and paperless sign-up process to apply for and run a Blocked Account.
International students are obliged to have health insurance plans while studying in Germany. With our smart exploration tool international students can easily explore within a few steps what health insurance coverage is needed when you are an international student going to study in Germany. In addition, X-patrio offers a fully digital process to purchase health insurance and provides insurance certificates, which can be used as proof of health insurance coverage. International students are required to show proof of health insurance when applying for a visa or residence permit. Without proof of health insurance you will not be able to enrol at a German university.
Setting up a Bank Account in Germany is a straightforward affair – once you know what you are looking for. X-patrio helps you with that. And like any task in Germany, if you have the paperwork in order. There are quite a few banks commonly found throughout all of Germany who can open a German bank account. We recommend to open a German bank account as soon as you arrived in Germany, as this account is also needed for disbursements under your X-patrio Blocked Account. In addition to the brick-and-mortar banks the are also innovative online banks like our fully ditigal mobile banking partner N26.
- In comparison with exisiting service providers X-patrio offers the cheapest Blocked Account opening process with a one-off Set-up Fee of 49,00€ and a Monthly Service Fee of 5,00€ only.
- X-patrio only works with established partners with proven history in providing Blocked Account services. Therefore, X-patrio has partnered with Europe's leading escrow service provider ECO-Escrow.
- Techniker Krankenkasse has been awarded as the best German statutory health insurance fund (public health insurance) by the renowned Focus-Money health insurer test for the twelfth time in a row. Together with experts from the independent financial service institute Deutsches Finanz-Service Institut (DFSI), Focus-Money analyzed a total of 65 regional and national health insurers on the basis of over 400 questions and awarded Techniker Krankenkasse as the winner offering the best cover of all insurances tested. In addition to that, Techniker Krankenkasse was awarded as the fairest German health insurance fund 7 years in a row among 36 health insurers tested by the „"Deutsches Institut für Service-Qualität". Besides, Techniker Krankenkasse took first place among 85 statutory health insurance companies with an overall grade of 1.2 (very good) in the category "Careers for career starters", examined by the financial magazine € uro. Furthermore, for the fourth time, the TÜV SÜD rated Techniker Krankenkasse for its „Service Excellence“, offering best service culture and reliability, customer satisfaction, qualification and employee satisfaction as well as complaints handling.